Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Right Idea, Wrong Level

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Ryle on June 10, 2001 16:32:20 UTC

You have made a good decision to try to use what you have. You can get a good idea of what filters and eyepieces will do by what you have purchased.
Yet on the other hand, I think you are going to find a larger aperture telescope is going to be the real enhancement factor. The upgrade to a larger telescope, whether refractor or reflector will be a major help in seeing things clearer. The added benifit will be the 1-1/4" barrel diameter for filters and lenses. Everything will be more pronounced and brighter as you increase the aperture.
When you do upgrade, remember to try to do the same thing again with the filters and variety of eyepieces. A shorty barlow can cut down on the amount of eyepieces you will have to buy as well.
As another hint, Meade has sent me the .965" screw-on adapter for the focuser on my 114mm reflector so I could use all the older lenses I first had with my oldest 60mm refractor. That way I still had the opportunity to use these eyepieces until I bought some more. They sent it to me free!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins