Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Answer Your Questions (and About That NUKE)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H.S.Sapiens on November 7, 2002 06:25:32 UTC

Aurino, who went to high school in South America,
wrote to Mike:
"Why don't you just shut up? Is that so difficult for you?"
Aurino, I think you are really a good example of why South America is such a poverty-stricken place. You and your anonymous pals do not go
about things right.
I went to a high school were the gymnasium
had a nuclear blast mushroom cloud in the center of the basketball floor. The sports teams are called the Bombers. This is all true. In my training school in the military, our nickname was
the "trained killers." Then, I went to serve
at a base which could not confirm or deny the presence of hundreds of armed hydrogen bombs
on missiles that can fly a full hemisphere and deliver their payload. When you, an anonymous
guy, come north from what you think is a badly
managed place and start messing up the northern hemisphere too, you should expect some hate to come your way. But I have tried to converse with you. A complete review of the forum's archives
show that you are held to a lower standard of
logic and politeness than me. That is exactly why
your kind messed up South America -- your standards of logic and politess are too low.
And while CBS radio news has the same flaws,
nature's demands on humanity will not make allowances. Either you and your kind must improve or you and your kind will be the death of us all. CBS radio -- same.
If you want to cite mental health as the issue,
then look first at how much you have to cheat and lie in the conversation, and how you have to make
deals with anonymous, nasty folks like Harv so you can appear to have friends. It is a bad future with your present methods, Aurino. I welcome any realistic prospects for a good future for you and yours. But you won't get it by killing
the goose that lays the golden egg, to cite a fable. That goose is real decency, not the hypocritical counterfeit of decency that messed up
the country you came from and is messing up this forum. You haven't posted much good science yet.
But you could.
If you must answer, please think for a couple of days first.
Sincerely,
Michael W. Pearson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins