Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nothing Started Here

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on November 3, 2002 21:31:28 UTC

As I said before, some people come to this forum to debate and exchange their ideas about science and philosophical issues, whereas others evidently come to be contentious. Mike likes being contentious. He loves bickering. So, he uses this forum to engage in bickering. He replies to posts, sometimes with legitimate well-thought out replies, and then quickly moves the discussion to his favorite bicker of the day.

If you like bickering, you will love Mike. If you don't like bickering, then it's probably in your interest to ignore him. My approach is to talk to Mike up till the point he becomes contentious and then drop it. However, sometimes I get in a bickering mood, and I like to start something with Mike. He's always willing to go full throttle in that vein.

Try it! It's a fun exercise in the art of bickering.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins