Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
YES THEY DO !!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by ROLLIE HANNA on October 7, 2007 05:35:47 UTC

A little over a month ago I received a Celestron 12" Starhopper from Optics Planet. One of the spokes on the mirror support was fractured.
I and e-mailed OP .. and they just wanted me to ship all boxes (3) back to them ..
I contacted Celestron .. (and yes, it may take a while - but I got response both via e-mail and phone ..)
Celestron shipped me a new mirror cell on PURE GOOD FAITH!!!...

But it doesn't stop there .. apparently, the folks at UPS REALLY like to trash instruments.. and the second cell arrived with identical damage.
I contacted Celestron about the bad news ..
ANd what did they do??? They sent me ANOTHER one..
(Also sent me UPS labels to return defective units) - no cost to me.
These guys went out on a limb to the tune of 3 mirror cells (what?- $600 apiece) just to try and keep me happy ...

Latest cell arrived intact .. "whew" .. and both broken units shipped back.. easy with the return UPS labels...
Only downside is the clouds rolled in .. just after I got my first real look at M31 ..

R

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins