Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Help On Ultima Mounf

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Patry on July 25, 2005 06:00:41 UTC

Hi this group, my name is marc and I live in the south west of France. I own an old Orange C8, that I upgrade recently for an Ultima C8.

Unfortunately, I have few problems with it and I'm looking for help.

First is the battery charger that is out of order. I can change it for another 12V 300mA (or 500mA I suppose) easily found in any market place. My question is about the polarity ; Positive is for the central point am I right ?

Second point ; I had a problem with the AD motor. I revised the internal batteries (2x 'D' cells, 2V 2.5A), one yellow wire was cut from the board. I welded it back to the board but this doesn't work.

Batteries are changed 2 months ago by the previous owner but, if one seem operational (2V measured), the other one seems ... dead (0V measured), maybe a consequence of the incident above.

It would be **very** kind to get a detailed explanation (a picture is appreciable) of the inside of the board. Specially on the battery cells, the connection wires together and to the electronics in order to prevent any bad connection (I want to protect the electronics of the mount).

Thanks in advance !

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins