Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Replacment Board For Ultima 8 PEC

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Chris Porada on April 21, 2005 22:03:16 UTC

I own an Ultima 8 PEC and have enjoyed it for several years. Much to my dismay, the other night when I went outside to start imaging, I plugged in the 12VDC plug and didn’t note that the transformer was connected to the extension cord and was thus hot. Everything (all the LEDs) lit and then dimmed, never to light again. The hand controller no longer works either, and using a 9V battery instead of AC power does not correct the problem, so I think something in the board fried, but I’m not sure where I can turn to get something like this fixed or replaced. I tried calling Tangent (the board says Tangent 4D37 NTM3 “Ultima V1.2 on it), but have not yet heard back from the person there with the answering machine despite leaving three messages and sending an e-mail. I was wondering if anyone has the schematic for this board (I have the older version from 1993), or anyone has any suggestions as to which part may have fried and need replacing.

I would greatly appreciate any help/advice you can offer.

Thanks very much

Chris Porada

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins