Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Celestron C8 Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Anthony Limoli on April 5, 2005 03:15:25 UTC

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with the following questions. I am a recent owner of a new Celestron C8 SCT and I am having two bits of trouble with it. I bought it new but the set-up was on static display for years and was pretty dusty and I love it even though it is not fully functional.

1. The clock drive does not work. I put in fresh batteries and the light doesnt come on and the motor does not turn. Any idea where I might find a new circuit board ? or Where I could find the schematics to do a self repair ?

2. My focus is not the best. I am not getting sharp views of stars and the planets are fuzzy at higher powers. I did all the pre-viewing requirements -- let the scope cool, did not go to full magnification, waited for a cloudless sky, etc -- Any ideas what this could be and how to fix ? Right now the views do not top my old C-90 and I am concerned.

Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins