Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Celestron 114GT Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dante Mancini on January 9, 2004 14:10:09 UTC

Hi Tom,

I bought the same scope as my first, and I soon learned that the provided eyepieces (10mm and 25mm) are not exactly the best available. The images tend to be blurry and small. You may want to splurge and get yourself a quality eyepiece, maybe between 7.5mm and 15mm for that scope, which has a 1000mm focal length. Remember, the formula for power is focal length in mm (1000) divided by eyepiece size in mm. So for example, a 10mm eyepiece would give you a power 1000/10 or 100X. In addition, Celestron makes a number of filters which can help enhance the image.

As far as eyepieces, from what I understand, Celestron's Ultima and Axiom series are good.

Hope that helps!
Dante

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins