Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Possible To Upgrade An Ultima 8"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alex Hawkinson on December 28, 2003 15:04:25 UTC

I've owned a Celestron Ultima 8" scope for 12-13 years and have been very limited in my use due to a broken motor drive in the wedge and no guideance systemm like you can get in one of the newer scopes. I recently went out observing with a friend that has one of the newer scopes with the aligment assistance and object databases tied into the scope's guideance motors (in his case the Meade Autostar). I was amazed at how much more observing you could do and how much more fun it was to not be worried about finding and then tracking targets!

Is there any way that I could upgrade my Ultima 8 to have a similar system or am I better off purchasing a brand new scope?

Thanks for any help with this odd request!

-Alex

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins