Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Help! Celestron 21066 Advice Needed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Thomas Forrest on September 11, 2003 16:24:48 UTC

Hi..

I bought a Celestron 21066 Telescope a few years back and haven't had much time to use it.. now that I do.. I am not having much luck mainly because I don't have a clue as to what I am doing..

I have been to the Celestron website, but they don't have any real "practical" advice.. My problem is that I have the parts listed below and not sure which I am supposed to use with which and when.. I really only want to look at the moon.. maybe mars or venus.. it would be really great if I could take some photos of the moon with my Canon Rebel 2000.. nothing to complicated I would think..

I just don't know what the best setup is or if I should get other pieces to do this.. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated..

My scope is a Celestron 21066-WOS-A that says it has a diameter of 60mm and a focal length of 900mm and it came with;

a SR4mm lense
a H12.5mm lense

a Barlow 3x tube
a Erecting 1.5x tube

I guess if I just knew what to use with what for looking at the moon and when to use the other stuff.. that would be great.. the trial and error method isn't working so well..

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins