Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Celestron Nexstar 114 GT Queries

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bryan Bennett on September 3, 2003 02:13:10 UTC

I've tried reading through pretty much all the Celestron posts and had a couple of questions.

First easy question... Does it matter where the tube is in the sleve or if the finder is on the top or slightly off center?

It has been stated that you can enter a code into the 114GT (http://www.astronomy.net/forums/celestron/messages/90.shtml?show=top) but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to enter it in using the hand held device. I have not yet ordered the cable to hook it up to my notebook if that is how you do it.

Do I need a PC in order to update the firmware and is it worth it?

I level the tripod, then the tube and point the telescope north (according to my hiking compass) and no matter if I do a quick align or an auto align, I can not get it to point any closer than 20 degrees away from the object (ie: the moon or mars). I realign to the moon and then try and select the moon again and it slews down and to the left of it. It doesn't seem right that it should not remember what I just told it was a fact. I do have the correct Longitude and Latitude for my location.

All in all I like the telescope, but I would love it if I couold get the thing to point to the correct celestial objects. ;)

Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins