Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Thought

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil Beastall on August 14, 2002 15:12:31 UTC

Without wanting to show my lack of familiarity with the Nexstar 4, here are a couple of thoughts...

1. Be very sure that you know what you are doing before you jigger with it!
2. My 4" russian Mak has the secondary aluminized directly onto the corrector plate - it looks like a reflective disk in the centre. There is no way of adjusting collimation. Maybe yours is like this.
3. Celestron are quite good at replying to emails. It is well worth asking them.
4. Are there collimation instructions in the manual. There are in the one that came with my SCT. If there are not then maybe you should not touch it.
5. 50%??!! This is almost certainly an exaggeration. Does the person who said this have a Mak themselves. If not, I rest my case.
6. Is the image as good as a comparable telescope _ another small Mak like an ETX? If so, it is probably perfectly OK.
7. Don't let it put you off.

Hope this helps,

Phil.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins