Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
CG-5 EQ Mount Setting Cirles??/ Nee Help Undestanding

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Simon on February 18, 2002 13:49:16 UTC

Hi, As a new amateur in Astronomy I'm having a difficult time understanding how to set the time cirles on the back and front of this mount. I am able to Polar Align the mount with the Polar Alignment scope just fine. I have a dual servo drive tracking motors installed. They keep Jupiter centered and other objects just fine.

But I still can't understand the settings and the time coordinates system for this CG-5 mount? Any help in some one who has this heavy duty mount would be much appreciated. My Lat/Long coordinates are Lat 36 31 36 N/87 20 54 W. I'm in Clarksville TN. I also have the G-8 8" Schmitt-Cassigrain Celestron scope sitting on top of this mount.

What filter helps observe Jupiter's clouds? Please email me at ss8793@hotmail.com I would be very gratefull as I am frustrated. I also have Celestron 80GT goto scope but they won't teach you the coordinate system. I want to view the deep sky objects. Thanks, Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins