Back to Home

Celestron Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Celestron Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hey Cookie!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on February 8, 2002 21:38:58 UTC

I have the Celestron 80MM Firstscope. I got it 4 years ago. After I had it for 2 years I bought a bigger scope. Never got tire of the 80MM. I still take it out occationaly and I bought a solar filter for it. In the 2 years I used it regularly, I found 84 Messier Objects, over a dozen NGC's and over 100 double stars. Lots of fun scope. Nice clear sharp images. I did get some better eyepieces. I bought a Teleview 32MM ($110) and a Orion Serius Plossl 17MM ($50). Both work very well with that scope. I also got a cheap 10MM and 2x Barlow, mine came with the 25MM only. I used Shywatching by David Levy, Real good book. Shows you what you see naked eye, with binoculars, small and large telescopes. Also the Cambridge Star Atlas for only about $25 is real good. Gives pages amd pages of lists of double stars and all the deep sky object discriptions along with the maps. Good Luck. Keep me posted.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins