Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Seeing" The Past!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Fred /">Fred on August 19, 1998 12:02:50 UTC

In the book Black Holes and Time Warps, Kip Thorne states that when (or if) a worm hole is created, the traveller can either displace in space (eg. travel from UK to USA) instantaneously OR he/she can go FORWARD in time. That is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to travel further back in time BEFORE the worm hole was initiated!

I have a view that if the traveller displaced to the moon, let's say, and he had a very powerful telescope which was aimed towards his last position on Earth, then if he was quick enough, he could see himself through this telescope entering the worm hole!

That is, he has seen the past, a time BEFORE the worm hole was formed!!

Taking the same anology much further, if we had the technology to displace not just to the moon but to the far reaches of this galaxy, and we had the most powerful telescope in the entire universe aimed at our planet, would we see the past, ie. creation of the planet, arrival of Adam and Eve, the dinosaurs, and all the famous characters in our history!!! We would be able to chart our history more accurately than is possible using any other technique!!!

I know this is a bit of science fiction stuff and any movie maker who are interested in the use of this story can contact me, but at least the hope of time travel, even though it may be non-intrusive and from a distance, is POSSIBLE.

Any comments/views are welcome!

Fred.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins