Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think You Got Him.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Astrophysicist on August 10, 1998 09:24:04 UTC

Basically what RFL is saying, is that gravitons, which some think are emitted in some way from bodies of matter, don't have anything to do with the speed at which you're going. Now, gravity, through gravitons, should they be proven to exist, which is doubtful, can accelerate objects motion by pulling those objects in towards them. It pulls things towards them. I know you already know about gravity pulling on things, but this is how I get wormed up. Hang with me here. Anyways, gravity causes warpage of spacetime. This warpage slows time as observed by somebody sitting far away from the source of the space-time curvature. The lack of this curvature, or the lack of gravity, allows objects to move through time at a more "normal" rate. So no, gravity (or gravitons) does not control the "rate" or the "way" that an object passes through spacetime, but it does affect it. However, it's also important to remember that other things affect an object's passage through time as well. In example, speed(acceleration)and energy fields (from magnetic fields to strong electric currents), are two things that also affect the flow of time as observed by our people sitting on the sidelines. Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins