Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Forces...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Schnee on July 22, 1998 08:10:47 UTC

I have been trying to think of a possible way to build a gravity drive. Now, I know it can be done, and is a VERY good candidate for faster than light speed travel. What one would do to make space-time basically push you along faster than light is to first make what would probably be known as a force feild around your craft. This would keep you in your normal space-time. And secondly, you expand space in front of you and compress it behind you. This would push you forward at emense velocities. Although, technically, your craft would be inside this so called bubble and NOT be going faster than the speed of light, the space-time bubble your inside would be going faster than the speed of light. Get it? Anyhow, here's my question, what kind of interactions with space and bending it do we already know of? Something that is controlable by us, no matter how minute of a output it gives. Now I know that planets, and black hole and blah blah blah bend space-time, but I want something that I can make, something that I can control. What about those superconducting discs rotating at a few thousand RPM's? Stuff like that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins