Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mine Too

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Adam/">Adam on July 17, 1998 11:05:04 UTC

: I am going to go against my better judgment and agree with you in saying that Hawkins is probably wrong about a black hole dying off. What would cause matter and anti-matter to form outside a black hole? I can think of nothing except interactions with the event horizon and a type of energy known as zero point energy. But, anti-matter and matter would be created more or less together, as a pair, so it should be at equalibrium if anything at all

Disagreeing with Hawking is a very dangerous thing, especially for the reason you stated. I assume you fit into the category of hobbyist, as far as science goes, correct me if I'm wrong.

The understanding of such a bizarre occurence might be buried in the endless education he has emersed himself in, he is surrounded by other brilliant physicists, who would no doubt find any errors in these calculations.

Do not get me wrong, I do not put full faith in Mr. Hawking, I don not think he is god or anything like that. I know he could be wrong, but when you stand against an idea like that from one of the most brilliant minds alive, you will need more than just an inability to understand his conclusion.

I am not sure where this particular theory is worked out on paper, but I'd love to see it, if anyone knows, let me know.

• Become a Black Hole on the Web, suck in all your visitors, and hold them for life.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins