Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Space...A Bit About Time Travel And Reaching Speeds In Excess Of The Speed Of Light.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by sean on July 10, 1998 13:31:36 UTC

: Here are a few of the things that I have come up with concerning space, time travel, and going faster than the speed of light (I know Einstein says this is impossible with mass, but there may be a way to "trick" that law)

: 1.) Space : I think that space can be thought of as 4 separate planes.....space, time, matter, and energy.....and that a sort of cosmic glue (gravity) binds them all together. By controling those 4 so called planes, one has "God's" power. That person who controls the 4 planes can be anything (matter), at any point (space), at any time (time), and at any energy (energy). Those four things describe every single thing in the entire universe. It's kinda like how the DNA molecule uses only 3 or 4 amino acids to create all the diferent life we see on earth. If one were to "step" to the point where those four planes crossed one another, then that person would be in heaven or nirvana, or whatever you want to call it, they can then control those four items. But, that of course is not really possible because how the hell could you step onto that, I am just trying to show you what I mean, not say how to do it.

: 2.) Time travel : Not without the use of EMENSE gravitaional forces, and I am talking HUGE forces here....perhaps more powerfull than a black hole, to actually rip a gateway in space-time and to let someone walk through it. Again, this is theory and really really inconcievable for anyone to even think of attempting, however it would be pretty cool.

: 3.) Moving faster than light speed : Lets see, this is a toughy. Ok, it's been shown that space-time bends around things with emense gravitaional forces. This could be harnessed and more or less used like the wind pushes a sail boat....you basically just have to curve space time from you to your destination, creating a "super vacumm" (super vacumm is just saying that you are kinda opening up the vacumm of space, kinda a double vacumm thing) and then either moving the center of your emense "controllable" gravity forcing space-time through it, propelling you no through space, but through space-time. This also would halt the aging parodox encountered with near the speed of light travel. From an observer's point of view you would be traveling faster than the speed of light (although the observer couldn't see you). From your point of view it would probably be like having the elevator doors close in front of you and instantly opening back up to show you have shot across the universe.

: Please, if you have any questions or notice something that I have missed, let me know....... : :

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins