Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Singularity Spining On 2 Or More Axis

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Barbrow/">Robert Barbrow on July 9, 1998 13:59:49 UTC

I know if the singularity isn't spinning it looks allot like a point infinitely small and such and if its spinning as most stars galaxies do before they collapse they become more like a fisbee ( I also think that they look allot like those " acme holes" that they use in cartoons) how ever it looks it is 2d flat along on axis

what happens if the singularity is spinning on more than one axis ( like the fisbee but lets say its also going end over end would it look more like a line or a ellipse ?

and I had a second thought/question what would happen if a black hole merged with a black hole that was spinning in an opposite direction sort of like a matter antimatter collision would it just: A) stop and form a black hole with no spin( provided that they were both spinning at the same rate) B)anilate each other C) allow all the matter that was at one far end of the event horizon to be set free as the black hole became a no spin point singularity ?

please e-mail me with you ideas.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins