Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ain't It Neat How These Things Happen?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Astrophysicist on July 8, 1998 12:07:25 UTC

I just love it when wierd stuff like that happens. But anyways, yeah. You're right. At least I agree with yor conclusion. It's kind of wierd how, with this theory, people can go back in time, but they are really just going into another dimension where it had always been that they had gone to that period and done whatever it was they had come to do. This is, of course, providing that there is some way to travel back in time like we're suggesting. And with this theory, it's not like we'd be talking about even leaving our space-time continuum, should we decide to go to another universe, but really just backtracking and following another route of possibilities. I personally would like to visit the dimension where life evolved differently on earth, and instead of life as we know it evolving, little green men evolved instead. And they had sci-fi stories where people like us, that is, not green, came in our terrible space ships, or abducted them. That would be really wierd. And, of course, there's the one where some cave men accidentally detonated a hydrogen bomb that had traveled back in time, effectively wiping out all intelligent life on the planet... Hey, if I can think of it, our theory allows it to have happened. I know what I'm thinking next... Anyways, isn't it interesting how we've gone from talking about quantum mechanics, to the expansion of the universe, to entropy, to gravity drives, to time paradoxes? That's a lot of gournd. And have your friend come to the forum. We can all talk about really wierd alternate dimensions with gophers driving around tanks and fish flying planes, and then to get back to real life, we can talk about virtual particles outside a black hole and how they can be used to propel us through space in a way that we were able to ravel light years in seconds or less... Yep. Now i'm freaking myself out here. Good-bye.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins