Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Speed Of Light

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Cameron Y. Rebigsol/">Cameron Y. Rebigsol on July 5, 1998 22:55:34 UTC

: No matter how fast, or how slow something is going, if you could measure the speed of light from that something, it would ALWAYS come out the exact same : I don't think time would stop for you if you were to go the speed of light, because in order for you to be on the other side of the universe in 0 seconds, you could go anywhere in the universe in 0 seconds therefore have infinate mass, so, yes, well maybe time does stop as you hit the speed of light (as long as you contain mass) but if you contain mass, you cannot go the speed of light, bummer, huh?

: : If I travel at the speed of light, my time would stop. : : is it for me possible to travel from one side of the galaxy to the : : other side in just 0 seconds. and if so, when I measured the speed of : : light that is coming from behind of me. is this light stil traveling at : : the speed of light for me it, it will travel faster than me. : : but if someone on earth would measure the speed of me and the speed of : : light that is coming from behind of me, he will say that we travel at the same : : speed. could someone please explain to me how this is or do I see something : : wrong here

• Relativity Mathematically fails/money offered for its defendents

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins