Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Would Mean A Whole New Set Of Laws...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Astrophysicist on July 1, 1998 12:47:23 UTC

That would mean that we'd need to make a whole new set of laws to govern the behavior of virtual particles. We already have rules and laws concerning the behavior of normal matter and antimatter, like electrons and positrons, and if we had virtual particles that were like mirrors of those particles, on some other energy level, then we would either need to make up a whole new category for these virtual particles, or classify them as a different type of substance altogether. If you would, please explain to me what you're talking about when you mention the "indirect gravity drive." I'm not quite sure that I understand. Do you mean that we would be using it to warp spacetime, thus providing transportation and altering the flow of time near this drive? If so, then I think that it would be much easier to use normal matter and anti-matter to create an energy field, or even easier o somehow use gravitons, shoul they exist. Please elaborate on your idea. I think that there doesn't need to be a complete lack of energy, but there needs to be parts of this field borrowing energy from other parts to create these virtual particles. But those fluctuations come naturally with a lack of energy, so that would be an easy way to produce these particles. However, I'm not sure what types of particles can be produced from these virtual particles. They could be highly reactant like protons, or they could be WIPMS like neutrinos. But I, too, wonder what would happen if one of our virtual particles interacted with a real particle. Perhaps there would be an exchange on energy and the two would turn into a particle with the "arverage" of the energies present in the two particles, or they would annihilate each other. I also wonder what types of real matter would interact with virtual particles.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins