Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Postulates

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Adam/">Adam on June 30, 1998 20:22:25 UTC

: I know a little about relativity, and the : two primaray postulates that make it up.

: 1. Abosolute speed of light. : 2. Measurements must be made 'relative' to other : objects because of the absense of an absolute : medium in which to measure.

: Are there any such postulates in Quantum : Mechanics? I remember reading that Chandrasekher : eventually partially meshed QM with relativity, : so I know its not that new, but how long has it : been around?

: Any other basics of QM you can feed me would be : appreciated, slowly though.

: -Adam

: __________________________________________ : | Virtualis Systems ~ Quality Web Hosting : |What could you do with quality web space? : | 24hr support to keep you up and running : | Plenty of options with no upgrade fee : | Visit the below link to check it out : | amillion@virtualisys.com : |

What about the uncertainty principle? Would that be considered a postulate of QM?

-Adam

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins