Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Possibly, But I Don't Think So....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Schnee/">Schnee on June 24, 1998 08:04:21 UTC

: OK so I think that thing about curving the fabric of time-space is called opening a wormhole. But before we continue I just have to say that there is no possible way of going faster thatn light (well black holes but wiat that will come). in a since wormholes cheat time-space by curving time-space and taking a more direct path. you would go from point A to point B faster than light could, but you would not travel at that speed. There is one problem with that of the "matter". The universe has a determined amount of matter in it. No heres the problem, if in a parallel universe a passage could connect the two universes, everything we know would fall apart in a chaotic state! What i mean is that in each parallel universe there must be the same amount of matter. If the gate is opened and lets say the other me crosses through but I dont the inbalance would cause chaos everywhere. so playing with time-space will kill us BUT HECK WE WILL HAVE LEARNED A LESSON!

A wormhole doesn't have to be there if space-time is bent. Right now, space-time is bent in the presence of the earth's mass, and everything else out there that contains mass. And no, you looking down a wormhole and jumping through it, to you, yourself it would not look to be going faster than the speed of light, it would be instantaneous. But, to someone on Earth watching you, dissapear and reapearing on the other side of the universe in an instant, then yes, you would appear to be going faster than the speed of light. By the way, I am not worried about going faster than the speed of light, what I want to do is to make interstellar travel possible in one lifetime and to stop the aging parodox. Also, are you saying that a wormhole connects different universes???? First of all, a separate dimentional universe is far fetched and not even close to discovered in the realm of science, everything I have said has been thought of with a few additions of my own that make sense, in our known realm of science.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins