Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Long Life...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Adam/">Adam on June 10, 1998 22:35:30 UTC

_________________________________________________ It has indeed always been those who have been willing to stand against the grain, those who have met wth great success. I don't believe this will be your shining achievement, nonetheless, I raise my glass to you. Long life and happiness, may you find the truth.

Don't ever be afraid to buck establishment, but do it the right and proper way, that will most assuredly set you apart.

Good Luck. -Adam _________________________________________________ : I too agree that steve is on crack, and I know the reasons for why you say that reverse time travel is imposible, yet, I don't agree with that, I have no proof for my assumption, but I am working on it....I don't think that History is Stable....

: : : thank you fo r your sencer response i must say though that i dont really know how the machine works or why it does because i didnt invent it my futer counterpart did also worm holes are simply the actualy "highways" to black holes "opnramps" on the same "frequency" to make the wormhole. : : : on a truly serious note dont you think that "tattoe message to my futer self thing would work" in theory it should : : : any more questions? : : ______________________

: : Well, I am sure you understand the paradox : : you have just opened up. Let me spell it out : : for everyone else though.

: : If indeed you future self brought you back : : a time machine, and you used it to say, go : : back in time. You would then prevent : : yourself from ever inventing a time machine : : and going back and giving it to yourself.

: : In order to invent this time machine, your : : other self no doubt had to put a great deal : : of effort and study into doing so (as well : : as putting up with grief for the stupid : : tatoo).

: : By taking your time machine and using it : : to explore the past, you take away the : : tremendous focus your other self must have : : had, from building a time machine, to : : exploring time. Hence, you cannot go back : : and give yourself a time machine.

: : I know what you are thinking, "At some : : future date, I will simply take back the : : time machine my other self gave me, so : : that the cycle will continue."

: : It does not work this way, if you never : : invent the time machine, you can never go : : back and give it to yourself, so that you : : can give it to yourself, so that... Well : : at about this juncture, you should be : : getting the point. Getting a headache? : : That is why they call it a paradox. : : Remember these words, History is Stable.

: : Your time would be better spent on the : : wonders of things such as wormholes, : : superstrings and such. If you wish to : : travel into the future, this will one : : day be possible, but it is a one-way : : street.

: : Better luck next time.

• Quality Web Hosting

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins