Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Paradox

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jason Schneekloth/">Jason Schneekloth on June 10, 1998 15:42:15 UTC

I too agree that steve is on crack, and I know the reasons for why you say that reverse time travel is imposible, yet, I don't agree with that, I have no proof for my assumption, but I am working on it....I don't think that History is Stable....

: : thank you fo r your sencer response i must say though that i dont really know how the machine works or why it does because i didnt invent it my futer counterpart did also worm holes are simply the actualy "highways" to black holes "opnramps" on the same "frequency" to make the wormhole. : : on a truly serious note dont you think that "tattoe message to my futer self thing would work" in theory it should : : any more questions? : ______________________

: Well, I am sure you understand the paradox : you have just opened up. Let me spell it out : for everyone else though.

: If indeed you future self brought you back : a time machine, and you used it to say, go : back in time. You would then prevent : yourself from ever inventing a time machine : and going back and giving it to yourself.

: In order to invent this time machine, your : other self no doubt had to put a great deal : of effort and study into doing so (as well : as putting up with grief for the stupid : tatoo).

: By taking your time machine and using it : to explore the past, you take away the : tremendous focus your other self must have : had, from building a time machine, to : exploring time. Hence, you cannot go back : and give yourself a time machine.

: I know what you are thinking, "At some : future date, I will simply take back the : time machine my other self gave me, so : that the cycle will continue."

: It does not work this way, if you never : invent the time machine, you can never go : back and give it to yourself, so that you : can give it to yourself, so that... Well : at about this juncture, you should be : getting the point. Getting a headache? : That is why they call it a paradox. : Remember these words, History is Stable.

: Your time would be better spent on the : wonders of things such as wormholes, : superstrings and such. If you wish to : travel into the future, this will one : day be possible, but it is a one-way : street.

: Better luck next time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins