Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Einstein Was Right - It Has Been Measured And Found To Be True.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by joe/">joe on June 8, 1998 22:55:35 UTC

: : Formula is : : Energy=Mass*MassSpeed2 : : C is Materialspeed. : : C is not light speed.

: : There is one major problem with this. If the mass is not moving it has no energy, if it is moving backwards it will have negative energy. This is blatantly wrong.

: You claim light speed is not constant, where is your evidence. light speed is constantly measured every day in physics labs (it is not just a theory or a computer model) and is always found to have the same speed, ALWAYS.

: If light speed was not constant (variable) then it could have any speed it wanted, even infinite speed. This would mean information could be transmitted instantly and the whole universe would else to exist the instant it was created. As we live in a universe that exists (open your eyes and you see it everyday) light speed is not a variable.

: Time exists because light speed is constant. It takes a finite and fixed period for a light signal to move out from an event. If it did not time travel would exist.

I think your not looking at the formula. The speed of the object we are talking about is in regard to a certain origin that we have deemed to be standing still when compared to us. Even if the speed is negative, relative to our origin, the formula squares it, making it positive. And your wrong about measuring the speed of light. When they realized that they had the technology to try to measure the speed of light, which they believed to be the same no matter what, they attempted to try to do it. I don't understand it very well myself, but I'll do my best to explain it to you. We know that we are moving through the universe (Possibly not, it might revolve around us) so what they thought they could do was measure the speed of light going west, and the speed of light going east. If the world were moving to the east, it should theoretically take LONGER for the light to travel the same distance to the east than it would take longer for the light to go the distance west. Since we believe light has a certain speed, and it takes time to move a certain distance, the earth should have moved slightly also in the mean time, either shortening or lengthening the time it takes for light to travel what appears to be the same distance to us. But when they performed the experiment this was not what they found. They found that light had the same speed "going east or west". And here is where the Theory of Relativity is taking over and I don't really understand it.

I hope some people who are more knowledgeable, and better spellers, can shed some more light on this.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins