Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Time Particles - And The Lack There Of.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by ctmorg on June 15, 2010 05:49:53 UTC

There is no such thing as time. Time is a man made thing to measure and order our memories and organise events/jobs in the future.

You cannot hold time, capture it or truely measure it.

For example time travel isn't possible really. If you like you could say we are all time travellers, every time I hop in my bed it magically send same 8 hours into the future - I call it the sleep machine.

The whole idea that travelling faster than light will send you back in time is more than ridiculous. I think when you send a clock up in a jet and wizz it around for a few hours it will be set slower that the clocks that were left on the ground (been proven with atomic clocks). This isn't time travel, this is the effect of molecules, atoms, electrons... what ever being moved at great speeds, that slow things down.

So if you were to move faster than the speed of light you would pause - would this appear like time travel? -Yes

But really you just froze - you slowed down so much that when you finally came out what "appeared to be minutes" for you was infact 200 years.

The so called time traveller would be impressed, but really you were here all along whizing around for 200 years. we'd be impressed your still alive and rich people would sleep in machines that whizzed them around to slow down aging.

Perfecting freezing people (and bringing them back) would be the same thing. Would you call that time travel?

No such thing as time, no so such thing as time travel or time particals.

Sorry to break your dreams lads. Anyone who says different has exactly the same evidence I have - none, just opinion.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins