Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dark Matter

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gary Conner on May 10, 2004 08:29:17 UTC

alan, i appreciate your input and humor. i have an avid interest in cosmology.. have for years. i dont entirely follow the mathematical arguments. godel kinda shook my tree. i am not as certain 1+1=2 as once i was. it works in some reference frames, but, not all. i can see the moon, and i can see my shadow in the light of the moon. i can draw conclusions from that and make predictions. i can also safely predict they will not hold up under all circumstances.

my gripe with dark matter is it apparently does not exist in our solar system. the rotational drag on the sun is consistent with the mass of known orbital bodies. i am more inclined to believe gravity is repulsive at great distances. i also suspect it explains the speed of light, hubbles constant and the cosmic background radiation.

ps. my stellar rate of evolution comment was mainly about the apparent disregard for time dilation effects on objects such as neutron stars.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins