Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Worst Nightmare Of ALL TIME!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 28, 2001 17:42:16 UTC

I had a dream a few nights ago that scared the sh*t out of me. I had a dream that I woke up and turned on the news and they said earth had been sucked into "an apparent black hole" It was f*cking scary. It was during the day but the sky was PITCH BLACK! You could not see the sun bacause the sun did not enter the black hole, all the other planets did. ALL YOU COULD SEE WAS MASSIVE, MASSIVE PLANETS ZOOMING TOWARD EARTH. you know what Saturn and Jupiter look like, right? Now imagine Saturn coming at earth and getting BIGGER AND BIGGER AND BIGGER UNTIL YOU COULD SEE THE RINGS AROUNG IT, OH MY GOD IT WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! yOU LOOKED UP INTO THY SKY AND ALL THY COULD SEE WAS A REDDISH-ORANGE BALL OF GAS, AND HUGE METEORS CRASHING INTO EARTH FROM THE RINGS. AND THEN {{{OH MY GOD!!!}}} NEXT TO IT HALF-WAY BELOW THE HORIZON YOU SEE A MASSIVE OBJECT WITH EXTRAORDINARY SWIRLS OF BRIGHT COLORS WITH A MASSIVE RED STORM THAT IT EVEN SENDING LIGHTNING BOLTS AND 1000mph HURRICAN FORCE WINDS INTO EARTH. AND NOT TO MENTION, THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL OF THESE TWO PLANETS SENT YOU HURLING OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH OUT OF OUR ATMOSPHERE, TO BE SUCKED INTO THE PLANETS' CORE as though it were a vacumm cleaner! It seemed so real, and the news was broadcasting it live

* * \ _ - _ *
* /\ /\ /\ \ * *
/ \ */ \ * / \ \* * __0__
* | | | | | \ | * |
____|__|____|__|_*__|______ \ _____ |__*____/ \___

(use your imagination!)
I woke up and I started screaming. I thought it was REAL. Unfortunatly, this possibility exists! When the sun dies out, it and everything it is made out of will collapse to the center and it will become so dense and so small that its gravitiy will consume us and all the planets in the solar system. Some scientists say we will freeze to death before the sun burns out. BULLCRAP. We are a living organism.
We have the ability to ADAPT. And no, the sun will not engulf us. It is a small star. Right now, the sun is CONSTANTLY exploding, but it's own gravity is pulling it back. The explosion of all the gases causes it to burst outward from expansion, but the suns' size and mass causes the gravity to keep it from expanding to much, so it is relatively stable. Now the scary part. Because the mass of the sun is so large, the gravity is large. If all the gases were to be used up, naturally the sun would collapse in on itself due to the gases not expanding, AND its own gravity being so strong in the core. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DEFLATE OR POP A BALOON!? THE BALLOON CONTRACTS, RIGHT? WHEN A BLOON POPS THE AIR EXPANDS BUT THEN THE AIR CONTRACTS IN ON ITSELF TO A POINT. So, the Sun would begin to contract and pull matter in to it. The contraction of all the gasses would cause a compression of the molucules to a point were the molucules change into int different elements. They would continue to CONTRACT FOREVER. Now, all the matter that the sun was made out of millions of yaers ago would now be a point the size of the period at the und of this sentance. That means ALOT OF MASS cramed in a small size. Think of snow. Take a handfull of light snow and throw it at your best friend. What happens? Not much..the snow breaks apart or it is really light. Now take a handfull of snow AND SQUEEZE IT WITH YOUR HAND INTO A BALL. Now what happens. Well, it is still the SAME AMOUNT of snow but cramed in a SMALLER AREA. The snow is compressed. Now throw it at your best friend. What happens? Odds are he's going to have a broken nose. Its hard to comprehend. But the gravity would be so strong that it would begin to suck everything into itself. Including earth. Oh and not to forget Saturn and Jupiter...ect.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins