Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is Negative Energy?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joseph Roser on March 26, 2001 16:00:18 UTC

What is negative energy? Hawking never really said what that is or where we are ever going to find it. But I'm sure Hawking understands his own work.

Yes, the photon particle pair could redshift away to infinity rather than search for an annihilation mechanism - but then anti-neutrino/neutrino pairs could just as easily be created too. Then the neutrino could interact with an incoming nucleus and covert its kinetic energy into rest mass and the nucleua can escape in a jet and we again will be asking where the heck the energy really came from. I say vacuum energy and you say gravitational energy but neither one is supposed to exist outside of its local frame of reference. I put gravitational potential energy in an Einsteinian perspective posted below on 3/25/01 for whatever its worth. Thanks for your input over the last week or so.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins