Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Science (Phobos , Jim)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Reyes on January 23, 2001 22:44:30 UTC

A majority of users that come on to this site do so to express an opinion and from this they hope to reach an understanding without having to confront any arrogance from such characters who seem to misunderstand or misread certain questions or opinions which inevitably is the very same attitude that scientific establishments would have with anyone on this site should they propose any theory or suggestion that would go against the fundamental laws that science abides by .
If you disagree then try some well known scientists such as hawkings or the royal society or even nature magazine , I am sure that you will find them full of ignorance and want to hear nothing except material that runs in line with its fundamental laws.
So before you come to me with an attitude just remember that I attack the laws of physics and not you or any scientist but the theories that seem to have been accepted by science today .

Lets have a little more diplomacy and respect on this site from everyone else the main reason used to reach an understanding seems to be overshadowed by continual argumentation that breaks away from the true objective .

Now to answer your question nowhere in my thread do I mention that science states that time travel is possible , my statement is directed at those who think that time travel is possible .

If science is not based on theoretical speculation and is varified then please do tell us all who has managed to photograph a blackhole , who has managed to find the graviton , who has managed to detect a gravitational wave , and who has managed to unite gravity with the fundamental forces to explain to the world the grand unified theory theorefor making everything evidently varified .

And you say that science has no room for unsubstantiated claims ,Oh please if science was varified then there would be no questions to ask , if you think that gravity has been varified then grab your graviton detector note book and pen then jump off the nearest cliff and then tell us all if you detect anything on your graviton meter , perhaps if the cliff is high enough you may be able to write an equasion that would unite the theory of everything .

Yes scientists would love to find new areas of research but it would hardly accomplish it with an attitude that you seem to have , especially when you make remarks about questions and contradictions I havent even asked as such yet .

Yes scientific explanations are worked over with healthy minds before any hypothesis is accepted , you fail to notice that scientists are subjected to being ostrazied should they wander from the laws of physics which is why many work privately and are privately funded .

Those who work in science then seem to be working with the established laws of physics which then brings us back to the fact that they are working with concepts that have been varified but only in accordance to how science percieves and portrays the universe with a theoretical speculative and hypothetical assumption, such laws seem to misinterpret the universe which is the cause of the phenomena and mans lack of understanding .

You also seem to know that a cartel does not exist as well as imply that I was suggesting this , so first how can you be sure that there is not , because I cannot know if there is or is not , my statement refers to the scrutiny of the accepted laws of physics being subjected to contradiction and scientific establishments showing nothing but ignorance , if you need proof then re-read your letter and tell me that you have not shown ignorance before you even have seen any of my contradictions and accuse me of making things up .

I suggest that you review yourself and how you address others before you even get to know them or their opinions , but in future do not bother to address me again , I seek serious diplomacy and respect of an understanding nature without attitude .

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins