Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Traveling Back In Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Preston on January 22, 2001 09:22:27 UTC

Sorry To be rude, but from what you've said, you have understood time travel all wrong(at least from what I understand). The theories I've read need a singularity. Not really a black-hole, but a singularity without an event horizon. The event horizon would keep you from getting to the singularity. A singularity has space-time all messed up in one spot. When you would travel through time, you would not be accelerating or slowing, but changing through different time frames(similar to what happens during frame-dragging to gas around a spinning black-hole).

By the way, I don't believe in time travel in the same sense it is described in movies; that is, i don't think someone can change my past. There are some theories that if time travel is possible, what would change would be another whole, i guess, universe would begin with the changes made during the travel.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins