Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Blackholes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Thed/">Thed on April 24, 1998 03:11:57 UTC

: : : In reply to Joe Postma : I don't know how long you've been studying blackholes but adding matter to the event horizon will only feed the singularity, thus making the infinite speck of a singularity in a blackhole more "tightly squeezed" Eventually the force will suck the center into a negative density and the calculation to it's density will be a negative equation. The opposite force is what causes the matter to emit itself. That is how a blackhole evaporates. Actually I can't mentally comprehend the equations mentioned above but in the books its correct. CLARIFY!!!!!!!

Hawking Radiation works in a different way. Due to Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle it is possible to create an electron/positron pair spontaneously, called virtual particles. Normally these simply annhilate again so we never this happen. If such a pair is created right at the event horizon of the black hole one particle crosses over into the Event horizon the other could escape.

What we see is matter being emitted from the Black Hole. Now, this matter has a positive "energy density", even if a anti-particle so the point at which the virtual particles come from must have a "negative" energy density in relation to space around it.

I hope I clarified that one at least.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins