Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: White Holes And QR

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CuriousOne/">CuriousOne on April 23, 1998 23:11:40 UTC

I was reading these responses and i remembered seeing someting obout one of steven hawkings theories concerning black holes. It was that if you watched a watch fall into a black hole (standing at hypothetical "safe point" and that the light was actually escaping) set to hit 12:00 at the exact point of the event horizon, that it would slowly appear to stop moving and would never appear to reach 12:00. so if this were, tell me if i am greatly mistaken, then when coming out of a white hole wouldn't you theoreticaly never actually make it out? i mean since if you were the watch you would see the universe go threw an amazing display of creation and destruction increasing in speed, and then on entering out of the white hole the watch would appear (to an outside viewer) to be spinning extremely fast, and from the watches perspective the universe would appear to almost not move and you would age to be to old before you even made it out. and that is also considering that you made to the event horizon witht the universe still arround. i don't know. since that is all based on one thing i once saw wich may not be right. well i'll see what you guys think.

: If white holes were to exist on the other end of black : holes (and for now let's just say they do in antoher : universe), how fast would something shoot out of them? : What condition would it be in? What would things like : light, X-rays and radiation come out as?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins