Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Traversing Infinite Distance At Instant Speed.....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Anthony Justice/">Anthony Justice on April 14, 1998 14:06:10 UTC

by combining the theory of relativity with the pathagorian theom we find that a clock in motion slows by the factor of: the square root of : 1- ( v^2 / c^2) where v=the velocity of the frame of reference of the clock in motion and c=the velocity of light in a vaccum. Given this theom we see that when v=c the expression is 0 so the amount of time that passes over the trip is multiplied by 0 !!!!!! Given that NO objects velocity can surrpass that of light's we can still visit stars 1,000 light years away, (granted we would never be able to tell any one that we once knew of our of our discovery , for their clocks would not slow and would long since have died of extreme old age.) but it just makes you think of possiblities.... i could be badly mistaken this is just something i was thinking of when i saw the light clock diagram the other day and me only beening 17 probably makes it even harder to beleive me so lokk in to it and respond in agreance or prove a 17 year old kid wrong both are welcome.....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins