Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Re: Stephen Hawkings Again

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jason McDiarmid on April 15, 2000 02:28:04 UTC

After reading several of his books (some of which I have to admit went straight over my head) I have to agree that Prof. Hawkings not only parallels, but properly ameliorates, the previous possessor of the Lucasian Chair of Applies Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge. That is to say I agree with the previous statement that Hawkings is the ‘smartest man in the world`. His work on time travel and black hole-theory has been instrumental to practically all modern scientific research in that field and he has been a personal inspiration, not only to me, but to a lot of people I am sure. After reading several articles on the Internet concerning peoples perception of the Professor, I find that anybody who finds it necessary to openly criticize (or as one person does, call him an ‘idiot`) is not only misguided, but also either trying to gain attention to himself, or trying to bios the world irreparably against himself. Author of five (at least count) books, this man would be, without doubt, one of the greatest minds on Earth, and certainly worth getting to know.

Jason McDiarmid
jasonmc@cqnet.com.au

Thought for the day:
If God held al truth concealed in his right hand, and in his left hand the persistent striving for the truth... and should say, "Choose!` I should humbly bow before his left hand and say, ‘Father, give me striving. For pure truth is for thee alone.`

Attributed to Getthold Lessing.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins