Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Re: Stephen Hawking Radiation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Einsteve on April 7, 2000 16:56:31 UTC

According to what a astrophyics professor of mine told me, the particle/antiparticle pairs that are spontainously generated throughout space emerge from an initial photon. Supposedly, when the particle systems are formed along the event horizon of a black hole, one of the particles will fall in, annhilating amass equal to itself, in addition to itself, inside the black hole. The end result of this easy theoretical model is that a normal particle is seemingly "emitted" from the horizon of the black hole and the black hole decreases in mass by the mass of particle that was emitted. The model initially appears to be a convenient solution to the hawking radiation phenomenon, but i just can not see how it works out. Where would the asymetry along the event horizon be caused by. The theory is based on the assumption that the antiparticle portion of the spontaniously generated particle systems will fall into the black hole, leaving the other particle out in space, with a highly predictable frequency. Also, the theory assumes that conventional physics appyly within the singularity of the black hole where particle annhilation can occur. If these two occurences do indeed have explanations, then the model appears to be sound, however, i have yet to find any explanations of or validations for these events.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins