Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What You Said Is Not New

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Calvin Pham on March 29, 2000 14:23:48 UTC

I have read before about your theory of big bang, it`s not new. Not all black holes are the size of a pin head, the super black hole in the center of our Milky Way has the mass of 100 millions suns or so, is in fact quite large in diameter. I know it`s confusing when one says it collapes on itself to the point of singularity, then others say it is quite large, depend on the mass it has and the mass it sucks in thereafter, and will grow in size. For example I read that if we can squeeze an object the size of our sun down to 30 miles in diameter, it will behave like a black hole, for it then has a density of a black hole. I know the sun itself doesn`t have enough mass to trigger this event by self.
Then I read that our universe itself is a black hole(??).
Sometimes I wonder the scientists know what they talking about. On a same day I would read about the "coming global warming", and how the next ice-age is due around the corner (soon)??? With all that knowledge they have, all they can do is speculate and theorize about it. By the way the physic laws we know do not seem to apply in the black hole inviroment, so how can we test it like other guy has said?, so theorize about black hole is ok

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins