Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
*Figar

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by pmb on February 26, 2000 14:12:33 UTC

Figar - I forgot to add that the electron also spends some time near the nucleus

See http://www.op.net/~andydunn/hydrogen.html

for pictures of the electron distributions of the Hydrogen atom in various states. Electron capture requires a change of state though.

zc is reffering to http://library.thinkquest.org/3471/radiation_types_body.html

ZC re - "but thats not what he asked. He asked why they don't enter the nucleus. You thought they didn't. They do. - Never try to read my mind. You have no clue what I know or don't know. I know far too well of the physics. In fact when I was working on calibrating (ie measuring the quntumn efficiency of) CCD's which detected x-rays we used radioactive materials.

You've got a lot to learn about explaining physics to others.

He wanted to know why, if the negative electrons are attracted to the positive nucleus why they don't all fall into the nucleus.

i.e. - How can there be stable atoms!

The explaination you gave would not tell the questioned what he wanted to know. Perhaps he may alos have been interested in yout suplemental comment. You should have simply left mine alone. But I don't see that you have that capability.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins