Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why All The Tension?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Andrew Robbins/">Andrew Robbins on February 15, 2000 04:28:10 UTC

I think that we all know that we are here because we want to discuss things that are interesting to us. Why must we fight about who is right and who is wrong?

We must realize that 1000 years ago, if they had some kind of stone-wheel-type-internet-thing in which they had an astronomy forum, the views expressed by all the wise knowledgable people would look like utter stupidity to us now. 50 years from now, I bet a whole lot of present physics theory is going to look like utter stupidity to the people then.

I'm trying to say that we each have our own ideas and views, and many of us may be just plain wrong, but anyone who thinks present physics theory is the final say in describing our continuum is also just plain wrong. I think that we all would like to express our ideas without being torn up about them, because that's why we're here in the first place.

Who knows, maybe their will be another Einstein. And, obviously that person will not be able to hold perfectly to current theory.

So then, this is a forum, why don't we hold discussions, rather than bouts?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins