Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by pmb on February 12, 2000 16:01:44 UTC

: I started asking MYSELF WHY since still NOW all explanations are based on seeing the phenomenon happening .Explaining how this happens and never why in first place.

Yup. Welcome to science. However asking "why" is probably the most productive thing you can do in any scientific endeavor. When we ask "why" we are seeking an explaination. What we get is a deeper understanding. We then have more "why" questions to ask. We always answer "why" questions in terms of something we know. One can then ask another "why" question on the answer and so on and so forth. Eventually we get down to "We don't know why." If we get to that stage but we do know HOW then it's usually called an axiom or a postulate or something like that. But NEVER stop asking why. If you assume there is no answer then you may also be assuming you have nothing to learn which may or may not be true. It was by asking "Why?" that Alan Guth came to develop the inflationary model of the universe (or so he/they says in his book).

: Take for ex.

: 1)Electric current is said to be flow of electrons : from high potential to low potential and thats the : end of it.But why does it do so.. : only answer is to this it happens and SO BE IT. : and this phenomenon is used in day to day,

Good example. But that's not the end of it. This can be explained further to a certain extent. One can start from Maxwell's Equations (which may be considered axioms) and knowledge about conductors and an understanding of vector calculus (simply a more accurate and precise language than english) to show this to be true. But the theory of E&M was developed by experimentation.

: 2)BLACK HOLES are for instance is huge mass into confined : space.Hence they tremendous gravitational force which : can suck in everything. : But what is reason of mass having gravitational force in first place.

That - nobody knows. In fact the "derivations" (not in the strict sense of the word" of the Einstein Field equations that I've seen always start with Newton's laws of gravitation. Then arguements are presented to generalize these laws to relativistic form.

: 3)MAGNETISM EXISTS But whats reason of its existence.

Yup! Again we base this on observation. In this case Einstein explained magnetism in terms of electric phenomena. Now electricity and magnetism are considered to be different aspects of the same thing electromagnetism.

: There are many such things which can be debated..

: Only answer to this WHYS is : we change our mindset in using all things thats proven : to exist and create A ALTENATIVE SCIENCE which will : ponder into things so deep that all the WHYS have answer rather than saying phenomenon exists....

That's not so far from the truth. Science is created based on our observations of nature. In fact when Einstein gave a speech on how he came to develope relativity he called the lecture "How I created relativity."

: creating anti gravititional force And so on.

What do you mean by "anti gravitational force"?

General relativity does allow for gravitational repulsion in case you are unfamiliar with it.

: Black holes will never be puzzle nor will Universe Creation .

: Only if solve all the WHYS in right direction....

: Start UNbelieving in all theories so existed so far... : 1) E != mc2 : 2) f != ma : so on ..

Not I! I wouldn't say that I either belive nor disbelieve in a theory. A theory is something which makes a statement about nature. Sometimes the statment fails to work or is in error when we look very carefully. We then try to explain why.

"Never loose a holy curiosity" - Albert Einstein

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins