Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Continuum Assumptions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by fred on February 11, 2000 17:05:42 UTC

: Anybody want to hear me out?

: I formulated a theory about the structure of the continuum which is a bit different than any other present theory. I though it to be correct, so I did a few math equations that "should" calculate the rate which gravity diminishes with distance, if my theory was correct.I created this equation before I knew pretty much anything about physics, I didn't know how physics calculated gravity. I then brought the numbers to my physics teacher, and asked him if he could tell me if the numbers were correct. The numbers matched, so I decided to write out my ideas, and give my physics teacher a copy of the paper.

: He told me that unless I rigorously calculate all the math invloved in the theory that, it would not even be considered in the physics world.

: This seemed to me to be somewhat of a discepancy. It seems that physics doesn't want any assumptions in their laws.

: Then, I ask you this: Do two objects, separated by distance exist in the same moment (simultaneously)? If your answer was yes, then I ask you: Is this a fact, or an assumption?

: Here is my challenge for any physics buff looking for one: Post any proof whatsoever, that two objects separated by distance exist simultaneously.

fred here: simultaneous is only relavent to a meaasurement by a life force existing inside a mass body, like our flesh. From an extended perspective the whole universe exists in the same time (simultaneous). Yet since we know not of God in science nor the access to God perspective by us humans, some people choose to exclude the concept of an absolute physical present (until the all-in-phase pulse rate of the universe is established and thus an absolute age of the material universe). Thus to some people the only satisfactory answer to your question would be no. If the observer was large enough to simultaneously observe both material objects in question the answer could be yes. Or you can accept the math (a star blows up x light years away, we witness this and project backwards in time to the actual time of the event and compare that with actual times of other events). And: 1/distance squared is the dissipation rate of gravity, electromagnatism, sound, spray from a pressurized paint can... of everthing (shades of a unified field!). All bases on the curvature of space, an area of pi r squared measured from the center of our spacial sphere and imposed on the surface radius distance away (invers square law).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins