Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Absolute Nothing Does Not Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andrew RObbins/">Andrew RObbins on February 9, 2000 20:56:43 UTC

Right now I am finishing the math to prove a new theory as to the nature of space and time. I think this theory can answer your question quite nicely, allow me to explain.

You wonder if absolutely nothing exists between two objects. The question seems to be is space itself nothing, and if it is, then why does matter obey a certain set of laws? Space then, must not be nothing, due to the fact that the continuum dictates the laws that matter obeys.

The question itself "does nothing exist?" is not all that valid. You wonder if anything exists between you and an object, right? That question, and they idea of space itself, is based on the assumption that you and that object exist simulateaneously at all.

Look far away across the room, at an object whose motion is at rest with respect to you. Now without changing the way in which either you or the object travel through time (according to einsteinian relativity changing velocity will accomplish this) touch the object. You can't can you? Infact without changing the way in which either you or the object travel through time, you cannot affect this object at all. Now, are you sure that both you and the object exist at the simultaneously? I don't want to completely reveal my beliefs as to the nature of space and time yet, I will soon when I copyright them, but this is truly something to think about.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins