Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nothingness......

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by NAz/">NAz on January 26, 2000 12:56:30 UTC

: If nothingness was "before" the bigbang, what is it? Well.....nothing. Nothing at all....no matter, space, time, thought. Hmmmmmm....where can I relate to this? Perhaps before I was born!!! Did the universe come from a state of absolute nothingness to a state of something, in a way similar to my "nothingness-to-something" Maybe the universe just popped into existance kinda like I did. Maybe the universe popped into existance WHEN I did. This would imply that before me......nothing existed. You may argue that you're older than me (I'm only 16 by the way) therefore you existed before I did. Is there any way you could ever prove that to me? Guess I'll just take your word for it. You, along with this elaborate story of history could've been created along with everthing else in the visible (and none visible) universe. Could you prove me wrong? What if you're just going along with the "prank" when you're reasoning your proof.

: : Maybe the "prank" is on you and right now I am attempting to throw you off, giving you reason not to believe the actual truth. What could I tell you to make you believe that I am conscious? What if you had this conversation with an advanced computer? It could uphold a convincing arguement but never persuade you to believe that it was alive, right? Well I may be no more conscious than that computer. You can never actualy know. But back to the original subject.....the before the bang and before you are very similar. Yet another reason to suspect that the universe is all in MY head. O.k. to you it's in your head.....

:i agre with u....it makes sense!!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins