Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Light And Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jimmy Of York on January 24, 2000 03:36:24 UTC

Is time inversely related to the speed at which you are moving? Does time pass quicker when you're moving slowely than it does when you are moving close to the speed of light?

Another question, do electrons move around atoms faster in gas than in solids? and, do they ever reach near the speed of light? i know they can't reach c, but as they get closer, does time slow down for them?

Then again, what would they be moving at light speed relative to? I mean, we're probaby traveling at the speed of light from somethings point of view... i mean, if we were traveling at half the speed of light, and something else was traveling at half the speed of light, wouldn't it appear to them that we were moving at the speed of light?!?!? Oy, my head hurts...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins