Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jimmy Of York on January 16, 2000 21:19:52 UTC

1. Could someone please explain to me what a white hole is, on some forum, maybe this one I heard something about it and i'm not sure if i understand.

2. Could you explain how wormholes could be used for time-travel?

The 3rd isn't a question, but a theory I came up with this morning and i'm just looking for more information about it, or someone to prove me wrong.

you know how if you stick your hand out of the window of a moving car you can feel the air pushing against it? I think this is something like time. When in a car sticking your hand out of the window, you will always feel the wind pushing against it, UNLESS you are going in exactly the same direction and speed as the wind, in which case, the wind would have no effect on you. Could this be something like time, we're standing still in the 4th dimensionbeing pounded on by time, if somehow we let loose of whatever it is that is holding us still in the fourth dimension, and just went along with the flow of time, would it have no effect on us? I guess this isn't exactly a theory, but just my thinking... you can reply to it however you want, or not at all.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins