Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: BLACKHOLES

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rajesh/">Rajesh on December 31, 1999 20:45:22 UTC

: Actualy this is not my theory. I was hoping for a confirmation or rejection just so I could know for sure. But I will argue a point with you to see if this theory makes sence. First of all, I don't think the gravitational pull is actualy decreasing. I said orbital energy.

************************************************ Rajesh : Let us consider why this orbit or as u suggest orbital energy exist in first place. This is so because of a attractive force (gravitational pull) of some kind from sun. There may be other forces here also to be consider here like centrifugal,centripetal forces due to earth rotation and Also as i said earlier our solar system is itself a part of a galaxy which is also rotating.

Only reason why Earth will move towards Sun is not because earth velocity of rotation has reduced due to some reason.Only reason for Orbital velocity getting reduced is Sun gravitional pull increasing and leading to a point where earth has be sucked to Sun.

There is a very strong relationship between earths orbital velocity and Sun gravititional Pull. We cannot ignore that and postulate that if Earth Orbital velocity reduced by soem other reason and Gravitional pull is same as it is. I know this will also lead to earth closing in on Sun. In fact this is what you might be considering or meaning about.Right! ***************************************************

This may decrease the gravitational pull somewhat but I think this change is to small to even worry about. : As orbital velocity (or whatever the correct term is) decreases, the Earth assumes a smaller orbit. Everytime you move your hand, the acceleration disturbances release gravity waves causing us to lose orbital energy and spiral our way into the sun. The combined effect of every person, animal, piece of dirt in the wind, even all the vibrating atoms, and the constant directional change of the Earth; set the date for about 10^63 years. (obviously a tremendous approximation)Theoretically we would crash into the sun (or burn up first) but the sun will be quite burned out in that period of time. The same process is happening to all the stars in our gallaxy, a seemingly never ending spiral to the center. Our little solar system spirals to the sun as the whole unit spirals to the center of the galaxy. : Let me remind you that this is not my theory. To tell the truth I don't know if I fully believe in gravity waves.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins