Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re- Does Time Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Jayne/">Eric Jayne on December 22, 1999 05:33:28 UTC

So much of science is based on the concept of time. Can anyone tell me what the hell time is? Other then the notion of trying to relate everything to the movement of the earth in relation to the sun. It doesn't make any sense. Isn't there just causes and consequences? Does it spring from the human inability to grasp the concept of infinity?

If there is no time, only causes and effects, then what is the original cause? Or is there one? (There goes that missing infinity chip in my brain again)

Anxious to hear more on this.....but I live in the Alaskan bush and only come to town on an irregular basis, when TIME permits(or rather when the causes and effects lead me in that direction)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins